The wooden cabin nestled in a willow tree is ideal for an adventure for two in synergy with nature on the edge of a private pond. During the day, the wooden terrace facing the pond lets you enjoy a hot drink on a deckchair while taking in the wealth of wildlife - you may even be lucky enough to spot a deer. In the evening, you can enjoy a barbecue over a drink. You'll sleep upstairs in a comfortable bed, with a window overlooking a vast meadow. As part of our eco-responsible approach, the cabin is powered solely by solar energy, with two panels providing the bare essentials: lighting and refrigerator. Dry toilets and an outdoor shower, plus a kitchenette with a gas hob and a few cooking utensils complete the equipment and ensure a minimum of comfort.
Nature and surroundings
Nature activities include mountain biking and canoeing on the River Oise. Numerous hiking trails are close to the gite, which is just a stone's throw from the green axis and on the EuroVélo itinerary. The gite is located in the Thiérache region, close to the Belgian border, next to the French Ardennes, an hour's drive from the Champagne region. This region is famous for its rolling countryside, farms and churches. Not to be missed is Guise, with its castle and familistère just 3km away. If you're looking for a haven of nature and relaxation, you've come to the right place.
- 100% Renewable Energy
- Fully Insulated
- Natural Insulation materials
- Built with natural building materials
- No single-use plastic
- Water-efficient toilet
- Water-efficient shower
- Rainwater is used for garden, toilet or more
- Biodiversity-friendly garden
- The garden is managed in a sustainable way
- Bicycle rental is possible
- Tours and activities organised by local guides and businesses are available
- Information on local ecosystems, heritage and culture offered by landlord
- Gas heater
- Garden furniture
- Small lake
- Bicycles available (extra charge) (2x)
- Dog bowl
Good to know
Good to know
- Check-in: 1:30 PM- 5:00 PM
- Check-out: 9:00 AM- 12:00 PM
- Not suitable for children under the age of 18.
- Minimum age of main booker: 18 years.
- Smoking is not allowed in this nature house.
- This is a fireworks-free nature house.
- No parties or events are allowed.
- This nature house is not suitable for groups of young people, students and sports teams.
- Waste separation is mandatory in this nature house.
Additional house rules are listed in the terms and conditions, when you place your booking.