This luxury, sustainably built, nature house is very rural in Central Groningen in the hamlet of De Paauwen. The nature house is located behind the house of the owners with its own entrance and a beautiful view over the countryside towards the Schildmeer. The quiet road is a dead end. The chalet is located between the Schildmeer and the nature reserve 't Roegwold. Walking and cycling routes start at the door. The 42 m2 offers space for 2 persons and has a living room with well-equipped kitchen, bathroom with shower and separate toilet and bedroom. The box spring beds can be prepared as a double bed or as two single beds. With the two pairs of patio doors and the terrace you always have opportunities to sit outside. Enjoy the tranquility, beautiful views and sunrises. You spend the night in a wonderfully quiet environment and wake up to the happy chirping of birds. Because owners own 4 cats, dogs are unfortunately not welcome.
Nature and surroundings
The nature house borders the nature reserve 't Roegwold, which is characterized by an alternation of open water, grasslands, ruggedness, (reed) marsh and small woods. It stretches from Kolham to the Schildmeer. There are 40 kilometers of hiking and biking trails here and a "bat path" where you can walk on water. The trail map is waiting for you. The area is also known for its special plants and insect species, as well as rare bird species that attract bird watchers from all over the country. The Schildmeer is 4 kilometers by bike. Here you can canoe, sail or enjoy one of the terraces of the various catering establishments. On the south shore of the Schildmeer you will find the 9-hole golf course Duurswold. The city of Groningen is a 15-minute drive away. From here you can also easily spend a day in Germany or one of the Wadden Islands. Supermarket at 5 km in Schildwolde.
- 100% Renewable Energy
- Fully Insulated
- Built with natural building materials
- Separating waste (Glass, paper, plastic, food waste/organic)
- Biodiversity-friendly garden
- The garden is managed in a sustainable way
- 100% natural cleaning products
- Contactless stay
- Parking (1x)
- Internet access (WiFi)
- General heating
- Heating (electric)
- Garden furniture
- Garden doors
- Bicycles available (free) (2x)
- Refrigerator with freezer
- Bathroom (1x)
Good to know
Good to know
- Check-in: 3:30 PM- 10:00 PM
- Check-out: 7:00 AM- 10:00 AM
- Minimum age of main booker: 18 years.
- Smoking is not allowed in this nature house.
- This is a fireworks-free nature house.
- No parties or events are allowed.
- This nature house is not suitable for groups of young people, students and sports teams.
- Waste separation is mandatory in this nature house.
Additional house rules are listed in the terms and conditions, when you place your booking.