The vacation home was sustainably renovated in 2023 and furnished with natural materials. The residence stands on a spacious, detached spot, at the back of the owners' plot, with phenomenal views. You can read a book under the apple tree or enjoy the chickens that (sometimes) scamper by. On ecolodgedrenthe.nl you can see more about the house, which has a roof and its own garden. The guest house is 40m2 and it is completely on one floor. The accommodation has a spacious living area: sitting area with sofa and armchair, a modern kitchen, dining area, and open sleeping area with a double bed. The house is facing the view through its windows, giving you (almost) the feeling of living outside. Thanks to insulation, the house stays nice and cool in the summer. In winter the cozy pallet stove and underfloor heating make it pleasantly warm. Of course, the house has a luxurious bathroom with sink, shower and toilet. There is parking on site.
Nature and surroundings
The guesthouse is located in the Drenthe village of Valthe, in the section Oud-Valthe, where the atmosphere of old times can still be tasted. We hear from our guests that the silence and darkness and stars at night are impressive. The house is located along LAW The Drenthepad, a local "walking detour" and along two mountain bike routes. You can enjoy the tranquility, nature and culture of Drenthe in every season. The nature house is within walking distance of the Hunebedden, the Hunzebos and the Valtherbos. In the village there are two bakeries and several catering establishments, the nearest supermarket is in the neighboring village of Odoorn. In the 16th century Valthe had a defensive fortification: the Valtherschans. This has been partially reconstructed and is worth a visit. Nearby are also recreational lakes, outdoor pools, equestrian center, zoo and an 18-hole golf course. If you want shopping, Emmen has a cozy and large center just 7 km away.
- 100% Renewable Energy
- Fully Insulated
- Natural Insulation materials
- Built with natural building materials
- Separating waste (Glass, paper, plastic, food waste/organic)
- No single-use plastic
- No single-use plastic (water) bottles
- Water-efficient toilet
- Water-efficient shower
- Rainwater is used for garden, toilet or more
- Biodiversity-friendly garden
- The garden is managed in a sustainable way
- Nature house can be reached in a sustainable way
- Information on local ecosystems, heritage and culture offered by landlord
- Public transport within 1 kilometer
- 2-pers. bed (1x)
- Contactless stay
- Parking (1x)
- Pellet stove
- Heating (electric)
- Drinking water
- Hot water
- Garden furniture
- Terrace (roofed)
- Small lake
- Refrigerator with freezer
- Gas (/stove)
- Bathroom (1x)
Good to know
Good to know
- Check-in: 3:00 PM- 10:00 PM
- Check-out: 7:00 AM- 10:00 AM
- Out of respect for nature: silence between 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
- Minimum age of main booker: 18 years.
- Smoking is not allowed in this nature house.
- This is a fireworks-free nature house.
- No parties or events are allowed.
- This nature house is not suitable for groups of young people, students and sports teams.
- Waste separation is mandatory in this nature house.
Additional house rules are listed in the terms and conditions, when you place your booking.