This forest cottage is in a beautiful location in Southeast Brabant, directly adjacent to a large nature reserve "Stippelberg" and features a private 1-hectare forest with its own fish-swimming pond. Built in 1966 and renovated to current standards in spring 2022, the cottage is in a unique place where you can relax and enjoy nature. The cottage is pure and "back to basics" (without wifi and TV). The cottage has electricity, gas and water and is equipped with new plumbing and kitchen (fridge, electric stove). The cottage consists of a living room with kitchen and wood stove, a bedroom, a bathroom (toilet, shower and sink) and a spacious garden room overlooking the garden and forest. The double bed is ready made, bed linen, towels, etc. are provided as well as coffee, tea, sugar, milk, salt and pepper, etc. In the barn are a mountain bike, a ladies and gents bike available, unfortunately pets are not allowed.
Nature and surroundings
The forest cottage is located against the nature reserve "De Stippelberg". The forest is full of fruit trees and bushes, from which you can eat as much as you want. Due to the special location and soil composition there is a lot of rare flora and fauna. Including deer, badgers, boars, eagle owl and ... wolf! In the immediate vicinity of the cottage are beautiful cycling, MTB and hiking trails, these run through the beautiful Brabant countryside where forests and nature reserves are interspersed with farms, meadows and fields. In the immediate vicinity lies the golf course "Stippelberg" and swimming location "Nederheide". Although the cottage is located "in the middle of nowhere", shopping and terraces can be done in the nearby village of Bakel at 6km or Deurne at 9km.
- Fully Insulated
- Separating waste (Glass, paper, plastic, food waste/organic)
- No single-use plastic
- Water-efficient toilet
- Water-efficient shower
- Rainwater is used for garden, toilet or more
- Ecological / organic food products grown by the landlord are available
- Biodiversity-friendly garden
- The garden is managed in a sustainable way
- Bicycle rental is possible
- Information on local ecosystems, heritage and culture offered by landlord
- 2-pers. bed (1x)
- Parking (5x)
- Wood stove
- General heating
- Drinking water
- Hot water
- Garden furniture
- Terrace (roofed)
- Small lake
- Garden doors
- Bicycles available (free) (3x)
- Refrigerator with freezer
- Bathroom (1x)
Good to know
Good to know
- Check-in: 3:00 PM- 10:00 PM
- Check-out: 7:00 AM- 11:00 AM
- Minimum age of main booker: 18 years.
- Smoking is not allowed in this nature house.
- This is a fireworks-free nature house.
- No parties or events are allowed.
- This nature house is not suitable for groups of young people, students and sports teams.
- Waste separation is mandatory in this nature house.
Additional house rules are listed in the terms and conditions, when you place your booking.