A vacation on a camping raft is a unique experience. The camping raft consists of a very solid raft construction. The rafts are 25 m², with a 12.5 m² wooden hut on top. The rafts are widely spaced from each other to ensure your privacy. It takes about 10 minutes to canoe from the shore (where the sanitary facilities are located) to the raft. Here is an overview of the inventory which you will receive from us on the spot: A Canadian canoe, extra mattresses if you are with more than 2 persons, camping chairs, 2-burner gas burner + gas stoves, lamp, matches, bottle of drinking water, garbage bag, toilet bucket, tent peg and an information package. You will need to provide: sleeping bag, sheets, pillow, toiletries + toilet paper, pans, plates, cups and cutlery. Books, games, fishing pole and other items you like to bring. Please note that all items must be transported to the raft by canoe.
Nature and surroundings
On the border of North Brabant and Zeeland lies the town of De Heen. This is the birthplace of camping rafts. In 1998, Jos Akkermans, former owner of Akkermans leisure & golf, introduced this concept and was nominated for the National Tourism Award. The company has since been taken over by two of his sons. The rafts are hidden in the reeds of the Steenbergse Vliet. At the starting point you immediately come across the monumental lock complex "Beneden Sas". This lock is listed as a monument. From this point you can take a walk through nature reserve the Dintelse Gorzen. Fishermen can also have an excellent time here. Discovery Channel even made a pikeperch special at this location.
- Built with natural building materials
- Tours and activities organised by local guides and businesses are available
- Contactless stay
- Drinking water
- Bathroom facilities
Good to know
Good to know
- Check-in: 2:30 PM- 10:00 PM
- Check-out: 7:00 AM- 11:00 AM
- Out of respect for nature: silence between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM.
- Minimum age of main booker: 18 years.
- Smoking is not allowed in this nature house.
- This is a fireworks-free nature house.
- No parties or events are allowed.
- This nature house is not suitable for groups of young people, students and sports teams.
Additional house rules are listed in the terms and conditions, when you place your booking.